Since 1959, we have shared a life together in work and worship, prayer and in play. Our love of God is manifested through our compassionate care for all God’s children.
At Shepherd of the Hills, we celebrate our faith by coming together as a community to gather in God’s presence, hear God’s Word proclaimed, respond in prayer and song, and depart encouraged to do God’s work in the world.
In addition to gathering on Sundays, we celebrate Worship throughout the Christian seasons of Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter, and we gather for other events that mark milestones and passages in the lives of our family of faith.
Your support helps Faith Formation develop through:
- Adult Sunday School
- Children’s Ministries
- Children’s Time in Worship
- Confirmation Retreats
- Men’s Breakfast Group
- Wednesday Wanderings Study Group
At Shepherd, one way we embody the love of Jesus Christ is through providing love and care for those within our faith community.
Your support allows us to meet the needs of the Shepherd community through:
- Covenant Groups
- Community-building Activities:
- Day Hikes
- Painting Parties
- Trunk or Treating
- Talent Show
- Home Visits
- Meals for Sick/Injured Shepherd Members
- Pastoral Counseling
- Pastoral Hospital Visits
- Sandwich Seminar
- Shepherd Life Newsletter
- Weekly Shepherd Email
Mission to the Wider Community
Shepherd of the Hills promotes the love of God throughout the Valley of the Sun and our wider global community through public action and public service. The following is a sampling of events and on-going programs at and supported by the Shepherd community of faith.
- Blood Drives for area blood banks
- Bottled water for the homeless
- Demonstrate the radical welcome of God to all people regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, faith of origin
- Family Promise
- Food Drives for the hungry
- ICM (formerly called Interfaith Cooperative Ministries) - rummage donations benefiting the working poor.
- Lobby state politicians for community action
- Promote Green Earth Practices and Policies
- Provide assistance to our Partners in Ministry
- Provide meeting space for AA, Al-Anon, NA support groups
- Provide meeting space for Girl Scouts
- Serving as a Polling Place
- School Supplies for back-to-school
- Water distribution at the Arcadia Fourth of July Parade