Since 1959, we have shared a life together in work and worship, prayer and in play. Our love of God is manifested through our compassionate care for all God’s children.
"Shepherd of the Hills Congregational United Church of Christ--where God calls us together to learn, to love, and to serve together."
"Bow down and worship the lord our creator!"
Psalm 95:6 – CEV
At Shepherd of the Hills, we celebrate our faith by coming together as a community to gather in God’s presence, hear God’s Word proclaimed, respond in prayer and song, and depart encouraged to do God’s work in the world.
In addition to gathering on Sundays, we celebrate Worship throughout the Christian seasons of Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter, and we gather for other events that mark milestones and passages in the lives of our family of faith.
Your support helps Faith Formation develop through:
- Adult Sunday School
- Children’s Ministries
- Wednesday Wanderings Study Group
- Children’s Time in Worship
- Confirmation Retreats
- Men’s Breakfast Group
"Now I tell you to love each other as I have loved you."
John 15:12- CEV
At Shepherd, one way we embody the love of Jesus Christ is through providing love and care for those within our faith community.
Your support allows us to meet the needs of the Shepherd community through:
- Home Visits
- Covenant Groups
- Pastoral Counseling
- Pastoral Hospital Visits
- Shepherd Life Newsletter
- Weekly Shepherd Email
- Sandwich Seminar
- Meals for Sick/Injured Shepherd Members
- Community-building Activities:
- Day Hikes
- Painting Parties
- Trunk or Treating
- Talent Show
Mission to the Wider Community
Shepherd of the Hills promotes the love of God throughout the Valley of the Sun and our wider global community through public action and public service. The following is a sampling of events and on-going programs at and supported by the Shepherd community of faith.
- Lobby state politicians for community action
- Promote Green Earth Practices and Policies
- Demonstrate the radical welcome of God to all people regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, faith of origin
- Blood Drives for area blood banks
- Food Drives for the poor
- ICM (formerly called Interfaith Cooperative Ministries) - rummage donations benefitting the working poor.
- Bottled water for homeless
- Water distribution at the Arcadia Fourth of July Parade
- School Supplies for back-to-school
- Provide meeting space for AA, Al-Anon, NA support groups
- Provide meeting space for Girl Scouts
- Provide assistance to our Partners in Ministry
- Serving as a Polling Place
- Family Promise